The Darkroom believes there is a real difference in printing true black and white on genuine Silver Halide Paper. Unknown to their customers, many photo labs print black and white film on color printers and color photographic paper.
The “black” on color papers is created from a mixture of dyes. Because of this the black varies in different types of lighting. This is phenomenon called ‘metamerism’ where the black may appear greenish or other hues in different kind of lighting conditions. Silver halide also gives better control of tones that is predictable and stable.
For over 150 years Black and White prints have been made on Silver Halide. There is no doubt that real silver Black and White images last and have a timeless archival quality that color paper cannot match.
Send your film and get:
- Free digital CD with your images!
- Free web upload for quick access, sharing and emailing.
- Professionally Developed Negs.
- Easy Facebook integration.
- Optional photo prints on matte or glossy paper.
Pay by Mail
Download PDF and print prepaid mailer and order form
We'll send you a postage paid mailer and order form.
Need more information? Learn more about our
We want to know. Click here to report a problem or share your experience
* Sprocket hole option only available from Holga or Diana with 35mm back, Sprocket Rocket or Spinner camera. *Limit of Liability - Submitting any tangible or electronic media, image, data, file, card, disc, device, film, print, slide or negative for any purpose, such as processing, printing, duplication, alteration, enlargement, storage, transmission, or other handling, constitutes an AGREEMENT that any loss or damage to it by our company, subsidiary or agents, even though by our negligence or other fault, will only entitle you to replacement with an equivalent quantity/size of unexposed photographic film or electronic media. Except for such replacement, our acceptance of the media, image, data, file, card, disc, device, film, print, slide or negative is without other liability, and recovery for any incidental or consequential damages is excluded. No expressed or implied warranty is provided